To install, commission, maintain, retrieve and where authorised, repair Cameron Drilling Products as well as ancillary equipment according to company and client procedures. Undertake activities in an onshore and/or offshore capacity, as required.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Investigate and diagnose any deficiency which may impede efficient installation and take the appropriate corrective action to resolve the situation.
- Provide the customer’s representative with sufficient information and guidance to ensure safe and correct task completion.
- Review procedures and drawings of equipment on a regular basis; carry out pre- use inspection of equipment (visual and written) by procedure. Undertake pre-task safety survey and necessary toolbox/site talks with client prior to equipment being used
- Decommission and/or rig down and organise shipping of test equipment, spares or any excess equipment back to the facility.
- Carry out all work in strict adherence to company procedures
- Document non-conformances in the field via the Field Performance Reporting (FPR) system. Forward (FPR) within prescribed timelines.
- Attend and participate in Extended Factory Acceptance Testing (EFAT); System Integration Testing (SIT) / Site Receipt Testing (SRT)
- Liaise with customer and provide on-site feedback pertinent to the task.
- Complete Field Service Orders (FSO) and Competence Checklists before demobilisation and ensure that the customer has reviewed and signed the FSO/Competence Checklists applicable to the task.
- Provide accurate maintenance and spares usage feedback throughout task.
- Assist with training and competence development of Personnel as required both onshore and offshore.
- Ensure Health, Safety, and Security & Environmental procedures are adhered to.