Responsible for preparing and maintaining mold drawings and tooling (BOM) Bills of Materials. Collaborate with Engineering, Production and R&D to improve and standardize existing and future mold designs. Improvements to include:
- Troubleshoot processes and solve problems with molds, dies, presses, and raw material to ensure continuous production.
- Mold technology through steels,coatings, surface treatments, heat treatments, mold-cleaning methods, flash-less and waste-less designs; mold tooling.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Troubleshoot complex tooling, equipment, and process problems and to develop manufacturing methods leading to improved safety, quality, and delivery at reduced costs..
- Work with procurement to reduce overhead costs and improve material availability.