| || With the support of Tennis Australia, Tennis Victoria is currently looking for three highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic Coaching Leaders to join our expanding and high achieving team, in these exciting, newly established roles - with a start date planned for 1 April 2018. These roles will sit within our Government Relations & Places to Play department, reporting to a Senior Coaching Leader, and be assigned a geographic area of Victoria.|
The network of over 900 active professional tennis coaches in Victoria are crucial to the success of the sport, and ultimately achieving Tennis’ vision of one million connected Australians. Working closely with Tennis Australia’s Coach Development staff and the wider Tennis Victoria team, you will play a key role in assisting professional tennis coaches to have the best possible relationships with all local stakeholders, to maximize the number of people learning tennis and transitioning to playing the game. You will be likely to have a background in or strong understanding of the tennis coaching industry, and be able to build strong relationships with coaches and other stakeholders to influence success.
The Coaching Leader is responsible for supporting coaches to drive business growth through embracing the excellent services and professional development available through Tennis Australia Coach Membership and other sources. This role will also be integral in supporting coaches to maintain healthy and positive relationships with key stakeholders such as tennis clubs, local schools and competition deliverers. The Coaching Leader will also play a critical role in influencing and supporting coaches to increase the number of junior players transitioning from school play and coaching programs to Hot Shots Match Play and Junior Competition. Together with Tennis Victoria’s Participation Leaders, School Development Coordinators, Match Play Coordinators and others, you will be a key member of local teams in the field, doing all things necessary to increase participation.
To be successful in this role, your strengths and qualifications will include:
The successful candidate will require a current driving licence, Working with Children Check and a National Police Clearance. It is desirable to have a tertiary degree in a relevant field, and a tennis coaching qualification. The role includes an attractive salary package, with the potential for a fully maintained car to be included.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to evoke the cooperation of stakeholders across a wide range of organisations (including volunteers, coaches, LGAs and schools).
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in sports administration, and community participation pathways.
- Ability to demonstrate proven results by recognising and building working relationships using a strategic mindset.
- Strong understanding of the tennis coaching industry and external influences affecting the delivery of sport and participation.
- Understanding of the tennis environment and the various stakeholders it engages.
- Demonstrated experience of business planning and practice.
- High level organisational skill with a focus on attention to detail.
- High computer literacy with Microsoft suite and database management.
- Experience in problem solving and conflict resolution
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here.
To Apply- Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – WEDNESDAY 31st January 11pm (AEST)
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role