Kick-start your sporting career! We currently have exciting opportunities available for Physical Performance Interns with our High-Performance team in Melbourne.
The Physical Performance Intern will provide final year Exercise and Sports Science students with an opportunity to gain practical experience in the Australian high performance tennis environment. The intern will assist with the collection, reporting, and distribution of all training and testing/monitoring data, (including workload/wellbeing monitoring), as well as provide training/coaching support for Physical Performance coaches within the National Academy program.
Key responsibilities during these placements will include:
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will be undertaking a final year Exercise and Sports Science degree (or equivalent) with a practical placement component required to complete the degree, have First Aid qualifications, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check, as well as the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Assist in the setup, implementation, and recording results of fitness testing (if scheduled) for National Academy athletes
- Assist in leading warm up, cool down and recovery sessions as directed by Physical Performance Coach/es
- Assist with the implementation and supervision of training programs/sessions for National Academy athletes as directed
- Assist in the collation and interpretation of workload and wellbeing data in the Athlete Management System
- Present clear and concise training/testing reports as directed by the Physical Performance Coach and/or Physical Performance Manager
- Complete a Literature Review on a relevant issue/topic to physical performance in Tennis as outlined by Physical Performance Manager
If you are up for a challenge and think you can make a difference, this is the position for you! For more information about the position responsibilities and requirements, click here for a copy of the Position Description.
- Relevant knowledge of strength and conditioning principles for athletic performance and injury prevention
- Demonstrable experience in the provision of strength and conditioning services to athletes and coaches to improve performance
- Capable of constructing strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, and endurance based training schedules, both gym and field based, with components of testing as required (desirable)
- Capable of critiquing and demonstrating exercise technique, including the Olympic lifts (desirable)
- High level computer skills, including use of Microsoft Excel for data collation, statistical analysis and reporting.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11:00PM AEST Sunday 11th February 2018
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.