| || Kick-start your sporting career! We currently have exciting opportunities available for a Performance Analysis Practicum Placement with our High-Performance team in Melbourne.|
The Performance Analysis Practicum Placement will provide a current, Exercise and Sports Science or Sports Statistics student with an opportunity to gain practical experience in the Australian High- Performance tennis environment. The student will learn and utilise skills in tennis match/training filming, coding, analysis, and reporting, to complete a project providing insightful information to current athletes and high performance coaches.
Key responsibilities during these placements will include:
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will be undertaking a third year Exercise and Sports Science degree (or equivalent) with a practical placement component required to complete the degree, have First Aid qualifications, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check, as well as the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Assistance in tennis match/training filming
- Coding of match/training footage
- Analysis, Reporting and communication of coded footage
- Report, present, and/or communicate findings with necessary persons (coaches, athletes, high performance staff)
If you are up for a challenge and think you can make a difference, this is the position for you! For more information about the position responsibilities and requirements, please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
- Strong knowledge of tennis science and the sport’s rules
- Knowledge of the SportsCode software, or willingness to learn
- Thorough IT knowledge including experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Analytical skills and a logical and efficient approach to systems design
- Passion for tennis
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11:00PM AEST Sunday 11th February 2018Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.