| || Kick start your sporting career! We currently have exciting opportunities available with our High-Performance team in Melbourne.|
The Tennis Technology and Equipment (Racquet Room) Placement will provide a current, Exercise and Sports Science or Sports Statistics student with an opportunity to gain practical experience in the Australian high performance tennis environment. Specifically, the student will work within the Tennis Australia 'Racquet Room', the tennis world's first 360 degree tailored racket and string service for maximising player performance and mitigating injury risk.
Key responsibilities during these placements will include:
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate will be undertaking a third year Exercise and Sports Science degree (or equivalent) with a practical placement component required to complete the degree, have First Aid qualifications, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check, as well as the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Racquet Room Daily Activities
- On-court HawkEye analysis
- Coding of match/training footage
- Analysis, Reporting and communication of coded footage
- Report, present, and/or communicate findings with necessary persons (coaches, athletes, high performance staff)
If you are up for a challenge and think you can make a difference, this is the position for you! For more information about the position responsibilities and requirements, please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
- Strong knowledge of tennis science and the sport’s rules
- Knowledge of the SportsCode software, or willingness to learn
- Thorough IT knowledge including experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Analytical skills and a logical and efficient approach to systems design
- Passion for tennis
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11:00PM AEST Sunday 11th February 2018
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.