| || We are PepsiCo|
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue in 2016 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2016 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The goal of PepsiCo’s Operations internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. Ultimately, we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. During this internship you may have exposure leading teams of hourly associates, implementing and managing leading-edge manufacturing and distribution technology, as well as process flow design and mapping, productivity measures, time studies, data collection and computational analyses within the production and operations areas of our facilities. Additionally, you will have opportunities to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. At the end of the summer, our interns report out to their Leadership Team on the key business points learned from their internship experience.
What you can expect:
Opportunities are provided through varying assignments in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Customer Integration, Commercialization, and Supply Chain Strategy. Assignments are based on functional knowledge vs. defined time periods. Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility, leading to managerial positions. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
Below are some of the activities in which you can expect to participate:
- Motivate operations team to achieve performance targets
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle; such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment and issues management
- Gain understanding of various supply chain functions and disciplines
- Receive opportunities to build affiliation with associate peers and interact with senior leadership
- Assist in the analysis and development of supply chain metrics and business processes
- Report findings to other team members and management as required
- Work on large projects and manage time and effort without need for constant supervision
- Learn various statistical modeling and developing reporting tools
- Learn to manage production staff to attain production and quality goals
- Gain valuable insights between manufacturing & distribution/selling
- Assist in developing individuals and the team to solve operational issues
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Assist in organizing and facilitating team meetings to achieve continuous process improvement
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management (other related majors will be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules, including early mornings, evening and/or weekends
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Spanish language skills a plus
| || Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:|
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.