| || We are PepsiCo|
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue in 2016 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2016 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The goal of Frito-Lay’s Engineering program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. You will have an opportunity to work on and manage a variety of different projects as well as leverage relationships and partner with leaders from our manufacturing plants. Our organization is based in Plano, TX
What you can expect:
A Project Engineer is responsible for defining manufacturing and unit operations requirements for project scopes and managing projects. This includes developing capital requirements, cost management, establishing operational metrics, and defining development and commercialization schedules.
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Define manufacturing and unit operation requirements for project scopes
- Develop and execute work plans to identify technologies and vendors able to achieve the requirements
- Develop and utilize technology or process validation tests and models
- Create specifications and validation plans for full scale sourcing, factory acceptance tests and production line or equipment acceptance
- Apply engineering principles, modeling, and simulation with external vendors and consultants
- Develop equipment installation and start-up plans, and supervise contractors and vendors
- Participate and/or lead cross-functional teams of colleagues and outside resources (including vendors and consultants) to develop and execute capital projects
- Develop capital requirements, establish operational metrics that define total productive performance, define development and commercialization schedules
- Be accountable for budget management, schedule attainment, and achievement of line performance metrics
- Develop innovative and cost-effective ways to source and commercialize new processes and equipment for new products, new packages or productivity initiatives
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
| || What we’re looking for: |
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering (other related Engineering majors may be considered)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self-starters
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive, result-oriented culture
- Communication skills to work with all levels of the organization from manufacturing employees to corporate executives
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong technical competencies in at least one engineering discipline with solid understanding in several preferred
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Be willing and able to travel 30%-50% of the time
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.