| || Why PepsiCo?|
PepsiCo is the #1 food & beverage company food in North America; the second largest in the world, recently noted as one of Fortune 100 “Most Admired” companies. The company employs 300,000 associates worldwide, and its products are sold in over 200 countries around the globe. Our diverse product portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales, including: Doritos, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Cheetos, Pepsi and Tropicana. PepsiCo has three headquarter locations in the U.S. Chicago (Quaker Foods, Tropicana, and Gatorade), Purchase, NY (Pepsi Beverages) and Plano, TX (Frito Lay). PepsiCo’s commitment to sustainable growth, defined as Performance with Purpose, is focused on generating healthy financial returns while giving back to communities the company serves. This includes meeting consumer needs for a spectrum of convenient foods and beverages, reducing the company’s impact on the environment through water, energy and packaging initiatives, and supporting its employees through a diverse and inclusive culture that recruits and retains world-class talent.
As a Process Engineer, you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo’s portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
What you can expect:
- As a process engineer, you will design and develop process test protocols, lead the execution of plant trials, and analyze/communicate test results for potential new product launches.
- During plant trials, you will leverage strong leadership and problem solving skills to troubleshoot processing issues and make quick informed decisions on your feet within the dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Collaboration with third-party equipment vendors and suppliers to design, optimize, and/or validate food and beverage processing technologies.
- Exposure to cross-functional teams within and beyond R&D, including marketing, sensory, analytical, operations, and strategy, from domestic and international markets.
- Opportunities to expand technical knowledge and education beyond your current expertise through internal PepsiCo R&D education programs, as well as external collaborations with universities.
| || What we’re looking for: |
- Currently pursuing Engineering Degree (Chemical/Food Process/Mechanical/Electrical)
- Must hold a Bachelors and/or Masters degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Candidates should be completing their senior year of studies
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.