| || We are PepsiCo|
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The goal of PepsiCo’s Operations program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. You will have the opportunity to lead hourly teams of Manufacturing, Warehouse, or Traffic associates with varying levels of experience and education. Our campus hires will be responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety. There will be opportunities to develop both individuals and teams; to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. This position level will vary based on candidate experience and scope of role.
What you can expect:
Opportunities are provided through varying assignments in Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality, and Fleet Operations. Assignments are based on functional knowledge vs. defined time periods. Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility, leading to managerial positions. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various teams
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis; demonstrating a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle; such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment, and issues management
- Learn PepsiCo’s Operations framework through various placements in Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality, and Fleet Operations
- Perform at fast pace, with self-motivation and strong initiative
- Be flexible – in order to understand our 24/7 operations, you may at times need to work various schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
| || What we’re looking for: |
- Currently pursuing a degree in:: Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management (other related majors will be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment, internship, or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Spanish language skills a plus
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.