Job Description As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
This role is a member of a team responsible for managing global content strategy and elevating the reputation of Texas Instruments as the leading provider of analog and embedded processing semiconductors and solutions, especially for industrial and automotive electronics. This role will have individual contributor responsibilities as well as manage a small team. The position requires strong writing, editing and storytelling skills, including experience using various forms of content and earned, owned and paid channels to effectively reach the intended audience. This role plans and develops written content and multimedia, coaches engineering spokespeople and content creators, and edits content by technical subject matter experts. The successful candidate is a leader and a collaborative team player adept at managing professional relationships and guiding others, as well as influencing without authority to drive results in priority areas. This position offers a great opportunity to work in a high-performing digital marketing team on topics and projects that are important to the company.
• Drive content marketing strategy for specific product category(ies) aligned to company and business digital marketing objectives.
• Lead content marketing strategy and a small team for an overall business area.
• Create and implement worldwide content plans and messaging that align with priority areas and topics.
• Provide communications counsel and develop plans to elevate key TI experts.
• Work closely with TI stakeholders, including marketing, business leaders, digital marketing and sales to understand relevant technology trends and customer needs.
• Apply best practices to create, curate, edit, publish, distribute and promote compelling content to attract and engage design engineers, and ultimately convert them to buy TI products and remain loyal customers.
• Make and manage writing assignments with TI authors and writing networks, and help oversee the editorial calendar.
• Manage and edit technical articles and trend stories such as blog posts.
• Develop compelling messaging and write news releases for major product or technology launches or business initiatives.
• Create stories, videos and social content related to TI technologies and reference designs.
• Engage with influencers, including performing the following:
• Drive creative digital strategies to foster relationships with key media and digital influencers.
• Workk with the public relations agency to identify, engage and brief key media influencers who cover industry trends.
• Prepare briefing materials and presentations.
• Use analytics to identify areas of success, opportunity and improvement, and continuously refine communications programs.
• Measure and report program results.
• Manage performance of individual team members.
• Collaborate with cross-functional and global teams to plan and execute on optimal ways to target and reach key audiences in order to deliver highly effective communications.
• Manage multiple communications projects simultaneously to drive communications deliverables to established deadlines and standards, using effective project management.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field; master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of communications experience; content marketing focus preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
• A proven track record of producing high-quality, measurable, effective communications.
• Excellent storyteller in written and multimedia content.
• Able to tailor the story to specific audiences, including electrical engineers, business. leaders and influencers, in keeping with the corporate voice.
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Self-starter; proactive work style with a strong work ethic.
• A “can-do” person who is a quick study, and creative problem-solver.
• Ability to prioritize projects and recommend the most impactful programs for business results.
• Ability to train and coach a high-performing team.
• Strong project management skills.
• Collaborative team player.
• Strong analytical skills; able to translate complex information into simple, easy-to-understand language.
• Coachable; intrinsically motivated to achieve excellence, continually grow and learn new methods and approaches.
• Able to work with people at all levels of the company and influence without authority.
• Understands AP Style, able to learn and apply TI voice, writing standards and guidelines.
• Able to work well across teams in a matrixed environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Experience in the high-tech industry, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
• Experience with/affinity for handling highly technical information for an engineering audience, as well as translating the impact of technical advancements for a broader audience.
• Experience with various digital marketing software platforms for calendaring, collaboration and publishing.
• Experience in semiconductor, industrial or automotive market.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.